It might be anything! But it’s sure to be something fun, so feel free to drop by each day from October 23-31, to pick up some cute treats to put you in the Halloween mood. All the treats will be added into the linky at the end of this post, so feel free to browse.
- 5 Candles preferably of the same size. IF you wish, they can also be coloured (red=fire, blue=water, green=earth, yellow=air, purple=spirit )
- A lighter – again please do this OUTSIDE
Next there are some decisions you need to make:
- What time of day suits you best? – I personally identify with dawn and very late at night
- If you’re doing this at night, which phase of the moon do you identify with? – Personally I am a full moon type of girl because I am an avid believer (and sufferer) of Full Moon Fever
- Who are you going to be talking to? If you’re a Christian, talk to God. He is after all the God of Love, and He created the elements. But if you don’t want to talk to God or want someone a little more specific…here are some suggestions:
First you’ll have to draw a circle, you don’t have to draw a physical one if you don’t want to but you’ll need the image of how lar
ge it is in your mind (make sure it’s big enough for you to fit into.)
I call upon the Earth, Guardian of the North, please join us now to bear witness and guard this circle.
Light the green candle and move clockwise to the yellow candle to invoke wind/air.
I call upon the wind, Guardian of the East, please join us now to bear witness and guard this circle.
Light the yellow candle and again move clockwise to the red candle at south.
I call upon fire, Guardian of the South, please join us now to bear witness and guard this circle
Light the red candle and move clockwise to water.
I call upon water, Guardian of the West, please join us now to bear witness and guard this circle.
Light the blue candle and move back to the center of the circle to invoke spirit.
I call upon spirit, essence of us all, please join us now to bear witness and guard this circle.
Light the purple candle.
At this point the circle has been cast and you shouldn’t leave it.
Now you can talk to whomever it is you wish to speak to, whether it be God or Aphrodite or anyone one else you want to hear your message.
This is actually the process of casting a general circle, now that you’re in it, you can do whatever you wish. If you want to cast a love spell then you have to tell the universe what you want.
Here is a poem I wrote specifically for this spell that you can use if you want:
I call upon the powers above,
To help guide me to my true love,
When first we look into each others eyes
Our soulmate found we’ll realize
I call upon the powers that be,
Guide my one true love to me,
Help us find each others arms,
But until that day keep (him/her) safe from harm
I call upon you (God/Goddess) of love,
Find the one I’m speaking of,
Until that day help my eyes stay wide,
To find the one meant for my side.